Innovation Project Leader, Data Science
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Posted: August 25, 2017
Reference ID: WD129735
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• MS Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Physics or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience leading advanced data analytics projects end to end, from ideation to objectives formulation to implementation to deliverables (preferentially in Clinical Research or Information Systems) or relevant scientific and technical experience including project management responsibilities
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Dynamic, open minded, motivated, self-starter person able to identify and lead complex projects from conception through implementation
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and project delivery skills
• Excellent networking, influencing, communication and presentations skills, ability to facilitate interfaces within extended network and to explain technical concepts to diverse audiences
• Experienced in setting up, leading and delivering projects with both multi-disciplinary and geographically remote partners, through effective matrix management that might include external partners
• Experience leading advanced data analytics projects end to end, from ideation to objectives formulation to implementation to deliverables
• Project Management and Resource Management skills
• Skills to effectively lead project teams including data scientists or to act as the data science expert within these teams
• Expert command of statistical analysis, algorithm development, and state-of-the-art tools and methodologies for data science
• Experience in data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques
• Expert level in machine learning and statistical analysis (classification, regression, recommendation systems)
• Knowledge of how to visualize and present data to support conclusions/recommendations
• Ability to simplify complex situations to enable all parties to play their roles in achieving progress
• Ability to anticipate for changes that may be needed based on the external scientific, technical or regulatory environment
• PhD or equivalent experience (could include post doc-analytics project)
• Knowledge of clinical study planning, implementation and conduct are a plus
• Experience in Data Management and Clinical Systems and understanding of regulations including ICH-GCP desirable
• Hands-on experience with R, Python, SAS or MATLAB. Knowledge of Spotfire, Tableau desirable. Knowledge or interest in Hadoop is a plus
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.