Additional Location(s) or Information: Anywhere in the US or Canada at or near a major Cisco facility with lab capacity.
Job Category: Project or Program Management
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1024558
The CxM product organization contains product management, product engineering, innovation engineering, and advanced services units. The goal of this role is to serve as the primary lead for the innovation unit's activities. These activities are primarily focused on building new capabilities and outcomes on top of the CxM and other Cisco platforms, which solve highly complex customer case scenarios.
Most of these scenarios do not fit into the typical implementation cases for the product(s). As such, the innovation unit serves as point in collaboration with sales teams, Technical Marketing Engineers (TMEs), product engineering, and Sales Engineers (SEs) to ensure the realization of the customer's requirements in early stage development engineering activities.
The person selected for this role will be responsible for leading one or more small cross-functional teams, both with direct resources (such as integration software engineers), and dotted-line resources into the adjacent organizations through custom engineering and proof-of-concept engagements with customer(s) and partner(s). The selected individual will work heavily within the broader software, hardware, and platforms engineering and product development ecosystem, and actively work on projects directly related to new products and capabilities, and help drive these forward at a technical level.
In this sense, the selected individual will be responsible for the following primary responsibilities:
• Provide for the project and program level track of the requirements, tasks, and outputs associated with approved Customer and Partner engagements the innovation unit engages on, interfacing with existing program and project managers.
• Ensure that all innovation track activities align with Agile controls, and flow into the formal product development lifecycle as outputs are adopted into actual core product features and options.
• Drive engagement with pre-sales teams, including account team members and SEs to help ensure leading-edge requirements can be accomplished, and are executed throughout the engagement lifecycle.
• Work with marketing, SE, and TME teams to develop proof-of-concept outcomes that drive the closure of new customer opportunities, including engineering product platform demonstrations.
• Engineer new custom solutions, leveraging the broader organization as needed, including the specification and articulation of engineered solutions for market and customer requirements across all verticals.
• At least 10 years of progressively responsible IT, IoT, and/or OT platforms experience.
• Prior experience as a SE, TME, Consultant, or Delivery Engineer delivering custom specified solutions in the physical buildings market, including telecommunications, manufacturing, data center, and other heavy industry sites.
• Exposure to and substantive knowledge with RTLS and geospatial use cases, technologies, and approaches.
• Extensive and proven experience designing and architecting Cloud Fog solutions based heavily if not primarily on Cisco technologies, including at a minimum the Cisco IR/ISR and IOx platform.
• Experience with Cisco CxM (CAM, CEM, JouleX) and City Management (CDP, COP) platforms.
• Experience with IT and network technology architectures, and the specification of these architectures, for utilities and/or telecommunications, manufacturing, real estate, and other industry customers.
• Knowledge of and exposure to Smart Lighting systems, including (but not limited to) LaaS and VLC technologies.
• Ability to create new labs and lab environments to prove out and certify various configurations involving the above technologies and technology approaches within an IoT context.
• Project and/or program management experience, up to and including PMP certification.
• Strong organizational skills - the ability to plan, execute and manage a complex plan with hundreds of work elements, and multiple team members, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Strong stakeholder management skills. The ability to influence multiple functions at all levels, to close gaps in conflicting priorities and to align a core and broader virtual team to achieve a common goal
• Story teller, excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation skills
• High energy. Bias to action. Self-starter and self-motivated. Thrive in a pressured environment. Exhibit drive and tenacity.
• Team player, openness, and willingness to learn.
• Excellent political operator, able to influence opinion and action broadly.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.