About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Research Nurse is responsible for assisting in the development and daily execution of human biology studies for the BlueSky program including interactions with study participants for the purpose of consent and conduct of study procedures. This role will also assist in the preparation of study documents and materials, with a particular eye toward the clinical and operational feasibility of study procedures and with high regard for protection of subjects. BlueSky is a transformative vision for the company. The goal is to construct a system in which, first, digital continuous/dynamic measurements in patients are used for diagnosis and health state monitoring. These sensor-data are then integrated in a machine-intelligent closed loop system to provide a highly personalized therapeutic intervention for each patient. Thus a dynamically driven 'digital' assistant will be created to maximize both homeostatic and medical services therapy for each patient. BlueSky is a premier multiyear innovation-collaboration with IBM (International Business Machines) and the company that will develop, validate and implement this industry leading mobile/digital technology program. The inaugural project is in Parkinson's disease but will extend across the entire the company portfolio over the life of the project. There is scope from the outset though the immediate focus will be in Neuroscience. This position requires onsite location in Cambridge, MA and Andover, MA, and travel to Yorktown NY among other clinical sites. The research nurse role will be responsible for helping to develop clinical study protocols and oversee clinical study execution, assuring accurate data collection and safety of study subjects. The clinical research nurse will function as a contributing member of a motivated and engaged team who are responsible for the day-to-day clinical execution of the BlueSky project. Additionally, the clinical research nurse will serve as a key resource within his/her area of expertise.
Responsible for ensuring clinical studies are conducted in accordance with scientific, medical, and ethical principles, within regulatory requirements/guidelines, and the company SOPs
• Responsible for volunteer and subject safety
• Executes and is responsible for the accurate collection of data according to protocol requirements and for documentation of electronic and written data
• Responsible for self-check on data collected during daily activities
• Oversees on-the-job-training for new colleagues in liaise with team leaders
• May initiate new processes and procedures to improve performance and increase efficiency
• Lead and manage daily clinical activities. Resolves problems in their frame of expertise
• Assists team members in establishing their priorities in day-to-day activities
• Work with team members to devise and execute strategies for study enrollment
• Any State RN license
• Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
• Three years in clinical research nursing or related experience
• Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
• 1 - 2 years of experience in movement disorders highly preferred
• Able to communicate complicated research principles in an easily understandable language
• Challenges existing paradigms in clinical research and encourages novel study designs and research approaches; works to improve study conduct, data capture, retrieval and submission processes
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Travel will be a requirement for this job though the percentage of time engaged in travel will vary based on current studies in execution phase.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.