The Inserter Assistant assists the Inserter Operator by participating in make-ready processes and by sorting mail pieces to prepare them for mailing. The Inserter Assistant should learn to operate the inserter equipment. They could operate the equipment during the peak production period.
1. Performs quality checks and monitors control numbers during the take-out process by inspecting the pieces, mailing addresses, and z records to verify that all numbers are accounted for and to ensure high quality of the mail pieces.
2. Sorts mail pieces at the inserters according to postal specifications to ensure that all mail meets USPS regulations prior to being mailed.
3. Assists the Inserter Operator by verifying the components, tracking damaged mail pieces, completing applicable paper work, and by unpacking materials to provide support to the Operator and to learn the job functions of the Inserter Operator position. Assists in hand inserting projects as needed.
4. Prepares for jobs by stocking the work area with needed materials, specifications, and tray/bag tags from the designated areas to ensure the work station is equipped for the correct mail sort.
5. Assists the Inserter Operator to prepare the inserter for run time.
6. Cleans work area to maintain safe and organized environment.
7. May include other duties as assigned.