No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
• Assist with general workshop activities while completing on the job and classroom based training.
• Assist in cleaning, disassembling and other basic workshop activities
• Learns Standard Repair Times (SRTs) and follows documented procedures and policies to complete basic repairs and maintenance
• Assists with completing required documentation, such as work completed documentation and time sheets via handwritten forms or business system input screens
• Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
• Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
• Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
• No global skill level definition. Number of levels and skills to be defined locally based on local requirements
• Education, Licenses, Certifications
• Secondary school diploma or equivalent
• Minimal level of work shop experience required or basic level knowledge of engine products
• Basic mechanical knowledge
The Cummins National Distribution Technician Apprentice Program (TAP), is a 4 year program that is a combination of online education, traditional classroom style learning, hands-on work experience in a branch environment, and Cummins certified training. This program will provide industry leading preparation for a successful career with Cummins. Ideal candidates will have a passion for working on Cummins Engines, a drive to succeed in the industry, and be able to commit to a 4 year program/working agreement.
• High School Diploma required with a minimum Overall GPA of 2.8. Proof of GPA will be required.
• Attendance performance of 95% or higher.
• Mechanical aptitude with a willingness to learn.
• Ability to interact with customers in an effective, positive and professional manner.
• Possess excellent communication skills to include; written, oral, job planning and documentation skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Possess a commitment to personal and worksite safety.
• Desire to continuously develop and improve skills for high job performance
• Lift & maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds
• Possess a valid driver's license and motor vehicle record within our vehicle policy guidelines
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.