At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Inside Channel Specialist for the Personal Safety Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Inside Channel Specialist Personal Safety Division will be responsible for accelerating sales growth and strengthening strategic relationships with assigned Independent Safety Distributors by providing increased value and service, with emphasis on the Construction Channel and Fall Protection Business. Additionally, this person will develop strategies, drive improved sales / marketing processes to ensure program execution and forecast attainment. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for leading and executing assigned portions of the independent safety channel business plan, with assigned distributors to achieve annual sales goals.
- Conduct business reviews with distributor management to understand the key drivers behind their sales and marketing strategies.
- Seek and identify new avenues of growth based on specific markets of each distributor.
- Execute the Personal Safety Division Safety Merchandising plan programs and channel marketing programs to drive growth.
- Assume responsibility for being main contact for assigned distributors' question and needs related to market, product and technical issues/concerns.
- Build rapport with key decision makers at each assigned distributorship.
- Manage distributor co-op funds working within assigned budget and ROI expectations.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, product marketing, marketing communications, strategic account managers, and CFM division partners as needed to drive growth and resolve operational issues.
- Utilize salesforce.com and to maintain account information, track activities and distributor progress.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a channel marketing or sales function
- Required degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Business Administration, or Communications
- Experience working within a distributor channel model
- Business experience in a regulated market
- Ability to multi-task and manage large workloads under time constraints
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
- Effective communication skills
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation
: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.