Inside Sales Account Executive II - Philanthropies
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Posted: January 09, 2018
Reference ID: 1084348
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales organization has a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
THE BUSINESS: Microsoft Philanthropies was created in December 2015 to realize the promise and potential of technology for everyone. Since then, the company has made significant investments to ensure the benefits of technology reach those who need them most.
THE OPPORTUNITY: To scale our impact across the nonprofit community the company in investing in the Microsoft Nonprofit Segment. Fueling all of this new work and investment is the aim to empower every nonprofit to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
The Account Executive will have responsibility for delivering the commercial revenue objectives and meet the needs of the nonprofit community. The Account Executive adds value by developing and maintaining strong customer relationships that include building relationships with executives at the Chief-level (CxO) as well as other decision makers within the customers’ organizations. This role is unique in its ability to effectively leverage technology and extensive members of the virtual sales team to build strong relationships with the accounts in its portfolio. It is also unique in its ability to work directly with and through Microsoft Partners to meet customer needs
• Deliver revenue and cloud growth targets, ensuring existing annuity agreements are renewed on time.
• Build and align sales plans with National Empowerment and Microsoft Philanthropy plans for top markets to tightly align to local priorities and maximize leverage of existing field resources.
• Supporting top account engagements and structuring deals that integrate commercial transactions along with grants and donations to best serve the nonprofits.
•Land the “Digital Transformation 4 Social Impact” campaign ensuring strong local sales and partner readiness to drive impact.
• Strong, deep and broad customer and partner relationships: Develop an account strategy and customer contact plan for owned accounts that includes line-of-business contacts and executive-level relationships.
• Effective and actionable account and territory plans: Lead territory and account planning process that aligns partner and Microsoft resources to maximize revenue, customer satisfaction, and grow share.
• Healthy predictable pipeline that meets or exceeds quota expectations: Prospect and identify opportunities and coach the virtual sales team on how to maximize opportunity generation. Qualify opportunities and convert them to a customer solution based scenario. Prepare monthly forecasts and pipeline reports, using Microsoft’s tools and resources.
• Through-partner wins that displace the competition: Effectively leverage funding programs to accelerate and close deals. Maximize up-sell and cross-sell deals collaborating with the virtual sales and partner team (based on availability) to present customers the Microsoft ‘cloud’ value proposition, for competitive advantage and new solutions, which aligns to the customer’s business objectives and IT initiatives.
• Joint Account Executive and Partner Sales Executive account team leadership: Collaborate and orchestrate Microsoft and Partner Sales resources at the right time and level by leveraging a deep understanding of individual account team member strengths, perspectives, and goals.
• Continuous business learning and professional growth: Develop a working knowledge of Microsoft’s transformation, establish peer to peer and mentoring, and leverage all training resources.
• 6+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• Demonstrated ability to consistently exceed quota by driving deals within a Partner ecosystem.
• Demonstrated understanding of solution selling techniques and selling cloud based solutions.
• Experience in building strong, collaborative customer relationships with line-of-business and technical roles.
• Demonstrated ability to navigate a customer through sales negotiations and/or technical presentations via the telephone.
• Solid knowledge of the business, customers, partners, Microsoft strategy and how they work together.
• Ability to qualify sales opportunities and position partners in the overall sales process.
• Demonstrated business communication and written skills in the local language.
• Complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), extensive presentation skills, effective marketing tactics, negotiation, financial analysis, Line of Business applications sales experience, business process consulting or automation, CRM, Employee Performance Management (systems and processes).
• Passion for Nonprofit impact: Likes to win and is passionate about making a strong contribution to nonprofits and the social impact they drive.
• Strong “challenger” sales leader has ability to deeply understand customer value drivers, offer a unique perspective to the customer that differentiates Microsoft, and is comfortable driving the decision-making process with the customer.
• Proven track record of delivering strong sales results and quarterly revenue accountabilities.
• Experience selling to nonprofits or broader Public Sector customers is preferred.
• Ability to win in a highly competitive environment.
• Ability to work at multiple levels of organizations and adapt approach to any situation.
• Demonstrated strategic time management and multi-tasking skill
• Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.