Inside Sales Account Manager II Round Rock, TX (17000V66)
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posted: December 02, 2017
Reference ID: R23107
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Account Manager, Inside Sales - Round Rock, TX
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success. Team members can expect from Dell continuous learning/training to aid in your success. Top performers can expect to earn opportunities for career advancement or lateral job changes that will continue to invigorate and develop you.
Dell is looking for Inside Sales Account Management Professionals in our emerging Business Preferred Accounts Division in Round Rock, TX, who have strong organizational, planning, and communication skills with a track record of building successful customer relationships. The ideal candidate will possess previous sales experience, preferably in a commissioned sales environment. Candidates should have a strong grasp of Dell capabilities, as well as thorough product knowledge across all core lines of business.
The principle responsibility of this new role is to take Dells transformation and parlay this message into generating opportunities for Dell Sales teams. Understanding the IT landscape within the Small & Medium Business vertical and what is important to these companies with a customer first focus. Taking this information and correlating this to Dells solutions set so that our customers can achieve their goals. This role is transformational in nature, shifting from a traditional sales role to a true game-changer who is rewarded for uncovering opportunities on new customers.
- The candidate must have solid customer relationship skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and planning skills. This individual will work collaboratively with a cross functional team in order to build new business relationships and initiate/increase solution sales to targeted small and medium business customer prospects. The candidate will scope, price, quote, negotiate and provide technical product information and support on an ongoing basis via the telephone. Will take around15-20 inbound phone calls and make around 15-20 outbound calls to acquire new acquisitions and follow up
- Sell Dell products and services by responding to inbound or placing outbound customer call, determining needs, overcoming objections, and providing solutions
- Provide technical expertise in hardware, software and services
- Focus on developing new relationships with acquisition customers
- Provide updated marketing/sales literature to prospective clients, keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive posture of the company, and prepare activity and forecast reports as requested
- Establish customer relationships with appropriate customer personnel such as purchasing, management, and end-users
- Present and demonstrate products and services to potential customers at trade shows and/or on-site to increase exposure of products and services
- Provide technical and administrative information and price quotes
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitors' products and pricing
- Maintain a strong desire to ensure our customers have a positive experience when working with Dell and ensure Dells brand increases
- 2+ years of sales and/or account management experience
- Requires proven selling ability in previous job
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong track record of building strong business relationships in successful outcomes, preferably in a sales environment
- Seeking outgoing, problem-solving individuals who can demonstrate they are entirely self-motivated and capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong leadership, presentation, and planning ability, as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to cope with a complex and changing environment while projecting a positive sales attitude
- Effectively use software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred and/or 2+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past of present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us! For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
Job Family: Inside Sales
Job ID: R23107