Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Inside Sales/Back-Up Driver in Wilmington, NC!!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment to Airgas! JOB SUMMARY:
The Inside Sales Backup Delivery Driver position sells medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. This position responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in. The Inside Sales Backup Delivery Driver provides driver support as needed. The Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders and hard-goods to local and regional business customers along an established route using a company provided truck. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers assisting customers with identification of product needs and locating merchandise.
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures.
- Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or ticket merchandise.
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer's place of business.
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a
- load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes related to the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales preferred.
- Must have prior driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience preferred.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG, TIG, and STICK WELDING preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- E xcellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to operate a fork-lift.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.