Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Inside Sales Backup CDL Driver
in Gastonia, NC!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as an Inside Sales Backup CDL Driver
! Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Inside Sales Backup Delivery Driver position sells medical, industrial and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools to customers. This position responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in. The Inside Sales Backup Delivery Driver provides driver support as needed. The Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders and hard-goods to local and regional business customers along an established route using a company provided truck. This position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders. ES
SENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education/Licensing/Certification:
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers assisting customers with identification of product needs and locating merchandise.
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer.
- Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures.
- Wraps and bags purchases and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed.
- Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order.
- Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available.
- Keeps product knowledge current.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer's place of business.
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites.
- Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes related to the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have prior driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry with retail experience preferred.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in MIG, TIG, and STICK WELDING preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to operate a fork-lift.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Frequently required to stand and/or sit, talk and hear.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate object, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Routinely required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
- Routinely required to transverse through branch office and/or production, warehouse locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
- Requires frequent use of computer and telephone and occasional use of a forklift, pallet jack or other material handling equipment.
- Ability to routinely lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 200 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and bend, use hands and arms while servicing Route Customers.
- Sit while driving the company vehicle for multiple consecutive hours.
- Regularly lift and move more than 60 pounds; required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Eyesight must be sufficient to drive for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Frequent local travel when using company vehicle.
- Must be able to work indoors / outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally may require outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
- What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
- "Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
- "Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.