You'll Find It With Us!
Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products.
Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S.suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base. The Northern CA & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is currently seeking an Inside Sales Counter Representative to join our Lodi, CA branch operations team. JOB DESCRIPTION:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sells industrial, medical, and specialty gases, welding equipment, power and hand tools, and other supplies to customers.
- Advises customers on tools, hardware, and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks customers wishes to perform.
- Informs customers about quality of tools, hardware, and equipment and demonstrates use.
- Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hard goods.
- Stocks shelves, steel racks, counters, and tables with merchandise, and maintains showroom displays.
- Obtains or transfers merchandise requested by customers to and from other locations.
- Answers customers' questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customers using computer, calculator, and/or paper and pencil to prepare invoices.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers and assists in loading and unloading cylinders.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Ensures all required paperwork is accurately completed, including coding, costing, and pricing.
- Communicates by phone and in person with customers, sales staff, store managers, and others, inquiring about and providing information on cost, ordering, delivery times, etc.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations.
- Maintains neat, clean, and professional personal appearance.
- Coordinates with purchasing department any product shortages or outages.
- Ensures all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to routinely lift 25-50 pounds and occasionally lift 51-80 pounds.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Ability to read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Ability to work occasional overtime as required to meet customers needs and management expectations.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Drivers License with clean driving record (no at-fault tickets or accidents within the past 3 years).
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).Qualifications:
- Setup and promotion of welding equipment and processes.
- Some experience in handling compressed gases.
- Customer service or sales experience.
- Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.