Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
The Inside Sales Director will manage a team of highly-talented and skilled sellers and front-line managers, drive the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coach team members. The Inside Account Executives team consists of highly capable sales employees that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. Their primary responsibilities are to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way to deal close.
• Exceed Revenue, Scorecard and Consumption targets
• Deliver strong, sustainable YOY growth for Microsoft by exceeding defined targets for revenue growth, Cloud usage and consumption and Scorecard metrics
• Maintain healthy sales opportunity pipeline measured by coverage ratio and ensure adherence to corporate standard tools and operational processes
• Leverage transformational leading indicators to consistently deliver Cloud Services growth, consumption and key Scorecard targets through key partners
• Drive deep Customer and Partner Engagement
• Ensure high quality customer and partner experiences through thoughtful Account Planning, Executive Engagement and co-selling with Partners
• Coach team members on engaging deeply at the Executive level, including adding value to key lines of business - finance, marketing, HR, sales, service
• Ensure deployment strategies are in place for owned products in managed accounts, including Cloud consumption and usage
• Lead and Inspire the Team
• Cultivate a healthy, diverse, and inclusive sales culture in support of Microsoft’s core values, mission and Bold Ambitions
• Execute all aspects of hiring, developing, coaching/mentoring, appraising, rewarding and holding his/her reports accountable for assigned job responsibilities and results
• Collaborate deeply across peer leaders, throughout Microsoft and with our Partners to jointly achieve key revenue, growth, Scorecard and consumption goals
• 4-year degree preferred.
• 10+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
• 5+ years of sales management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams. Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern demonstration tools
• Superior leadership skills with the ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers to improve
• Experience, background and confidence to initiate and drive business strategy discussions with C-level executives and business decision makers around industry drivers and workloads
• Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close, engage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success
• General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual systems, processes, products and services quickly and accurately
• Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
• Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.