Airgas Southeast, a subsidiary of Airgas,USA, LLC. the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has an Inside Sales position open at our Montgomery, AL location.
Act as Sales Associate for retail store by selling products to businesses and industrial customers.
• Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related equipment to customers.
• Solicits sales with existing and potential customers and handles all associated paperwork to document those sales, quotes or other information which may need recording for future reference.
• Answers customer questions.
• Advises customer on equipment and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks they wish to perform.
• Demonstrates use of equipment.
• Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hardgoods and maintains showroom displays.
• Assists customers with merchandise and loading and unloading cylinders.
• Establish and maintain good customer relations.
• Communicate in person and on the telephone with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times.
• Monitor customers needs and work with them to maintain proper hardgood and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate emergency deliveries.
• Check accounts receivable status of accounts; talk with the salesman or credit department about past-due accounts and contact customer regarding payment as well as collect money as required.
• Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed; including coding, costing and pricing.
• Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
• Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortage or outages.
• Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
• Operate forklift and other equipment as required.
• Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and demonstrations as required.
• Perform as backup driver when needed.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
• Customer service or sales experience.
• Industry and related product knowledge as well as experience handling compressed gases preferred.
• Computer experience or basic knowledge in computer order entry system.
• SAP knowledge and experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to analyze a customer's situation and help resolve customer problem.
• Team player with positive attitude.
• Willing to improve skills and techniques by attending classes on employee's own time.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
• Ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs. and frequent bending.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours and repetitive motion also required.
• Must be able to work overtime, when necessary.
• Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.