Under general direction of the Inside Sales Manager, responsible for placing proactive outbound calls to established customers and potential prospects. Inside Sales Representatives develop, maintain, and implement long-term business partnerships with their assigned customers. This includes following up on customers who have shown an interest in doing business with the Company, providing and following up on quotes, taking care of any service issues, and understanding the customers' specialty areas in order to provide value. Level II Inside Sales Representatives have increased responsibility in regards to the financial impact their customers have on the Company and increased ability to negotiate with autonomy in a customer segment. Generally has responsibility for $2 to $4 million in monthly revenues.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Initiates proactive calls to established customers in order to grow sales revenue and develop customer loyalty.
- Conducts pre-call research and planning to set goals for the call and to anticipate customer needs.
- Initiates proactive calls to recruit customers who have shown an interest in doing business with the Company.
- Generates professional quotes and inquires on all quotes for which orders were not placed to use reasons to develop competitive information by market segment.
- Generates and analyzes reports to identify customer trends in order to either take advantage of the trend or minimize the impact of the trend.
- Participates in weekly sales meetings.
- Completes customer maintenance requests such as address changes, additional ship-to locations, web set-ups, and quality assurance forms.
- Enters customer orders as necessary to back up customer service.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year associate's degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with both customers and other ABSG associates
- Excellent oral communication skills to present information and solutions in a professional manner
- Good analytical skills sufficient to prepare quotes and to identify and resolve customer problems
- Good mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills to proficiently use a windows based system and to accurately input data