Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for generating revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management services to small/medium business segment customers. The ISR receives and closes warm customer leads from different sources. A successful ISR consistently meets or exceeds weekly and monthly sales activity goals as well as establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction in all sales transactions. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
Receives and acts upon sales opportunities received from inbound calls and internal lead sources and/or eBusiness (online sales streams); Expands on sales of products and services with existing customers
- Conducts pre-sales activities to gain understanding of the customer's needs and prepare for the sales call. This includes gathering appropriate marketing material and pricing plans, identifying customer needs and interests to determine the best sales strategy and identifying potential objections with plans to address during the sales call.
Negotiates and closes sales by effectively communicating alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Understands and adheres to established and approved WM sales processes
- Presents WM products and services using a consultative approach that clearly shows how the solutions would meet needs and provide benefits; leverages supporting evidence and clearly connects WM solutions to customers' business needs
- Adjusts sales technique depending on the nature of the prospect or customer
- Presents compelling arguments to support recommended sales solutions
- Overcomes objections during sales negotiations by emphasizing the value of WM offerings that benefit the customer
- Facilitates agreement to a sales solution that will meet the major needs of both parties
- Finalizes sales agreements with specific actions outlined and commitments for next steps
- Conducts post-sale administrative work to ensure product/service implementation is successful
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: None prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Proficient in computer skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor as well as part of a team
- Devising Sales Approaches and Solutions
- Expanding and Advancing Opportunities
- Communicate with Impact
- Influence and Negotiating Sales
- Planning and Organization
- Results Driven
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.