Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods, safety products, and tools to customers. Responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers who call-in. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Solicits sales from walk-in or telephone call-in customers.
- Accurately completes all required paperwork (e.g., coding, costing, pricing, daily cash summary, bank deposits, etc.) on a timely basis.
- Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures. Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Helps customers to identify product needs and locating merchandise.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available.
- Keeps product knowledge current.
- Drives truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business. Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Writes customer order and instructions. Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints. Gives feedback to supervisor about customer complaints and requirements.
- Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance checks on truck.
- Works safely and complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures and DOT requirements.
- Additional duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) (preferred) and two years related product and/or sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient with entering data into a computer. LANGUAGE SKILLS
: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents. REASONING ABILITY
: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid state CDL (Class A or B) with hazardous material and air brake endorsements. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.