Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, conducts activities associated with closing new customers, and achieves budgeted closing and productivity goals by utilizing sound telephone based selling approaches. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Generates revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management services on inbound calls that are typically small and less complex accounts.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction in all sales transactions.
- Consistently meets or exceeds weekly and monthly sales activity goals.
- Executes sales campaigns via outbound telephone marketing to consistently meet or exceed aggressive weekly and monthly sales activity goals.
- Attracts, generates, manages and records leads from outbound telephone marketing.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Exhibits proficient knowledge and use of personal computer and computer software applications.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.).
- In local market activities, (a) provides weekly feedback on the number of pictures and participation rate and (b) attends Monthly Safety meetings to provide feedback to the Route Managers and Drivers.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 2 years of Customer Service experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
General Competencies Include:
V. Work Environment
- Collaborate Actively
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Focus on Customers
- Focus on Quality/Details
- Know the Business
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work / Time
- Use Ethical Practices
- Organizational skills
- Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.