At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Inside Sales Representative within USBSO supporting Electrical Markets Division (EMD) located at 3M Center, Maplewood MN.
At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go Job Summary:
The position of Inside Sales Rep, 3M Electrical Markets Division (EMD) will be required to establish, develop and grown assigned distributors in an inside sales b2b environment. Meet monthly set goals through sales forecast, customer interactions, and data gathering. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive 3M EMD sales to assigned distribution in assigned territory.
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Understands the customer's business/sales model to influence key players.
- Introduces new products, and communicates promotions to relevant customers and prospects
- Maintain and update a working sales plan with strategies and tactics to achieve annual sales forecast
- Demonstrates a proficient level of procedural and technical product knowledge to identify products that meet customer needs
- Work to attain sales quota, sales quality and sales productivity metrics
- Shares best practices with the team to promote a positive team environment
- Proficient in identifying market trends and account needs in order to react to market activity and reach favorable sales goals.
- Solid understanding of the 3M Distributor product lines
- Knowledge of the key markets distributors sell into
- Knowledge of competitive suppliers & product lines
- Advanced selling skills & value selling cost comparisons
- Strategic, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Effective selling skills with strong oral , written & presentation skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lotus Notes, and CRM systems
- Time & territory management
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of combined experience in sales and/or customer service
- Three (3) years sales or inside sales experience is preferred
- Sales experience within Electrical Markets is desired
: 3M Center, Maplewood, MNSales Territory:
describe territory if applicableTravel:
May include up to [5%] [domestic/international]Relocation:
Is not authorizedAbout 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $ 30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.