At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Inside Channel Sales Specialist for the US Business Services Organization located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Inside Distribution Specialist will be responsible for growing and developing an assigned distributors in a b2b sales environment. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive 3M sales to assigned distribution in assigned territory.
- Drive profitable product sales within key divisions such as Industrial Tapes and Adhesives, Abrasives Systems Division and Personal Safety Division
- Establishes and maintains customer relationships. Understands the customer's business/sales model to influence key players.
- Introduces new products, and communicates promotions to relevant customers and prospects
- Maintain and update a working sales plan with strategies and tactics to achieve annual sales forecast
- Demonstrates a proficient level of procedural and technical product knowledge to identify products that meet customer needs
- Work to attain sales quota, sales quality and sales productivity metrics
- Shares best practices with the team to promote a positive team environment
- Proficient in identifying market trends and account needs in order to react to market activity and reach favorable sales goals.
- Solid understanding of the 3M Distributor product lines
- Knowledge of the key markets distributors sell into
- Knowledge of competitive suppliers & product lines
- Advanced selling skills & value selling cost comparisons
- Strategic, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Effective selling skills with strong oral , written & presentation skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lotus Notes, and CRM systems
- Time & territory management
- Bachelor Degree or higher from an accredited university
- One (1) year combined Inside and/or Outside Field Sales experience
- One year selling and/or working with Industrial products is preferred
- CRM experience / pipeline management
- 1 year working with Industrial Channel
- 3 years inside sales experience
- 3 years technical sales experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Experience leveraging Social Sales tools / processes (Linked In, Webinars, etc...)
- Inside sales and field sales experience highly desirable
- Ability to work in a high volume rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to collaborate and compromise, including team leadership
- Strong Active Listening skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products and Saleforce.com
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to stay focused on tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10 % TravelRelocation:
Relocation is not authorized for this initial position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.