RSM is looking for a highly motivated Private Equity Inside Sales Specialist (“PE ISS”) to assist in driving revenue growth for our National Private Equity Services team.
The Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for coordinating, communicating and collaborating on key aspects of the firm’s relationship with priority private equity clients and targets. This individual will service as a tactical initiator in key private equity relationships for the firm. Additionally, this individual will coordinate with numerous firm resources to develop and execute a growth strategy and approach for each private equity firm assigned to them. The PE ISS will fully understand all aspects of the firm’s private equity strategy and leverage tools, support the team’s best practices to expand the firm’s relationships and wallet share within their private equity assignments.
The ideal candidate will have strong strategic abilities, excellent phone skills and presence, all combined with a sense of urgency and ability to effectively secure strategic meetings with key relationships within a private equity group.
- Conduct research and analysis of strategic private equity groups and create a prioritized coverage, calling and relationship penetration model
- Initiate calls and attend association events in order to secure meetings with key decision makers within designated private equity groups
- Build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities
- Interact with professional staff to collaboratively address the PE marketplace in a coordinated fashion
- Initiate meetings, track activity and address post-meeting follow-up items to ensure opportunities are captured, recorded, followed up on, and closed
- Work with the PE Business Development Director and/or PE Client Service Coordinator to diligently attend to all private equity targets within the designated coverage area
- Drive overall expansion and penetration of priority PE clients in coordination and collaboration with PE Business Development Director and/or PE Client Service Coordinator
- Understand each PE firm’s strategic plans and business strategy
- Be able to provide feedback and guidance to RSM PE leadership regarding the marketplace, competitive pressures and other data that might prove useful to refining the PE strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree required, degree in sales, marketing, business or related fields preferred
- 2-5 years of inside sales experience for consultative selling in a professional services environment (services sales vs. product sales)
- Prior private equity knowledge and/or experience is a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, and technologically adept and able to master company CRM system
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team work. Candidate must demonstrate experience working as a productive member of a team
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and guidance
- Tangible and demonstrated experience in formal sales process deployment and use
- Decision making, problem solving, creative thinking and conflict resolution skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Track record of over-achieving
- Initiative. Ability to pick up the phone and secure meetings is paramount
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.