Title: Inside Sales Territory Representative (Own Quota)
Location: *Plano, Texas
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help us change the way companies make business decisions? If your answer is "yes" we have a home for you at Splunk. As an ISR you will be responsible for growing the geo based territory business (small to medium-sized businesses). You will use your sales, negotiation and leadership skills to prospect, conduct lead generation activities and sell Splunk's award-winning software into small to medium businesses. You have a proven record of successfully selling software and services, and building helpful, positive relationships with customers.
You will meet exceed assigned revenue goals working with a Systems Engineer and the extended team and map your territory to successfully prospect and close deals. You will follow up on leads and schedule product demos for qualified customers and own the technical validation process. You know how to work "smarter" not harder and share your standard methodologies and successes with the team. In addition you will also successfully:
- Manage accounts by building and cultivating client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client's needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments and consistently deliver against that forecast
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
- 5+ years of experience in selling enterprise IT software solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance)
- Successful experience running the entire sales cycle from start to finish and experience being responsible for your own quota)
- History and currently exceeding sales quota (Presidents and sales awards trips a plus)
- You have successfully owned and led the sales process (this is not an overlay or team quota)
- Consultative sales experience and challenging companies businesses to think differently
- Successful in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business, cold calling and hunting for business
- You have a reputable track record of exceeding goals and quota
- Successful at developing new business and leading sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent verbal, communication and interpersonal skills
- A logical and analytical thinker
- You have proven negotiation skills, strong technical aptitude and passionate about technology sales.
- Strong computer skills - CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills with the attested ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Commute daily to our Splunk office (not a remote position and we are only able to consider those that are local)
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.