You'll Find It At Airgas!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative for our branch at our Harney Street branch in Vancouver, WA!
Ranked #42 out of Fortune's top 500 companies for shareholder return on investment, and Forbes list of most Admired Companies, Airgas USA is the place for job opportunity and career growth. We're the nation's largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. We're also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With over 1,100 retail and plant locations and over 17,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
POSITION SUMMARY :
Receive, inventory and warehouse incoming material on a daily basis. Stock shelves, steel rack, counters and tables with merchandise, and maintain showroom displays. Pull back orders, orders from will-call customers, and orders for driver deliveries. Deliver to and stock various use points with inventory. Use computer to enter orders and receipts, and to maintain inventory levels. Assist customers in the purchase of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding equipment, power and hand tools, paint and other supplies to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Visually inspect and receive incoming product.
- Stock shelves, steel rack, counters and tables with merchandise, and maintain showroom displays.
- Unload incoming delivery trucks from suppliers and vendors.
- Post product receipts into the computer system.
- Prepare outgoing UPS orders and enter information into computer.
- Monitor inventory, adjust stock levels, add/delete items.
- Pull back orders and orders for will-call customers; pull and pack product for driver deliveries.
- Deliver to and stock various use points with inventory onsite at customers, to maintain stock levels.
- Order entry of previous day onsite inventory of each use point; inventory each use point for the following day's delivery requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the many end users that oversee the different use points within a customer's facilities
- Provide the after sales technical support for the products Airgas provides.
- Research the cost and availability of products other than that used in the auto-replenish program as required by end users.
- Provide logistical support for the field sales representative.
- Assemble and deliver monthly billing requirements to customers.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly working environment.
- Sell industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding equipment, power and hand tools, paint and other supplies to customers.
- Communicate by phone and in person with customers, sales staff, store managers and others, inquiring about and providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc. Establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Advise customer on tools, hardware, and materials needed, and procedure to follow to complete tasks customer wishes to perform. Informs customer about quality of tools, hardware and equipment, and demonstrate use.
- Obtain or transfer merchandise requested by customers to and from other locations.
- Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customers using computer, calculator and/or paper and pencil to prepare invoice. Accept payment and makes change.
- Wrap or bag merchandise for customers and assists in loading and unloading cylinders.
- Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed, including coding, costing, and pricing.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
- Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Sales experience is preferred
- Basic product identification of welding, safety, gases and supplies
- Must be able to operate forklift and maintain appropriate forklift certifications
- Adequate computer skills
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work overtime, when necessary
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
- Ability to routinely lift 25-75 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to perform work requiring frequent standing, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required
- Ability to perform work requiring climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more). EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability Qualifications:
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.