Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Airgas has an exciting opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative with CDL
position at our location in Roseburg, OR
. JOB DESCRIPTION
Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding equipment, power and hand tools, and other supplies to customers. Advises customer on tools, hardware, and materials needed, and procedure to follow to complete tasks customer wishes to perform. Informs customer about quality of tools, hardware and equipment, and demonstrates use. Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hardgoods. Stocks shelves, steel racks, counters and tables with merchandise and maintains showroom displays. Obtains or transfers merchandise requested by customers to and from other locations. Answers customers questions concerning location", price and use of merchandise. Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customers using computer, calculator and/or paper and pencil to prepare invoice. Accepts payment and makes change. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers and assists in loading and unloading cylinders. Fills customers' liquid oxygen vessels. Receives branch dock stock of cylinders and stores empties. Reconciles any cylinder stock discrepancy. Will deliver cylinders and hard goods to customers, when necessary. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
Other Duties as Required:
- Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed, including coding, costing, and pricing.
- Communicate by phone and in person with customers, sales staff, store managers and others, inquiring about and providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
- Establish and maintain good customer relations.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
- Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortages or outages.
- Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
- Fills customers' liquid oxygen vessels following all company and safety procedures.
- Responsible for receiving cylinder dock stock and reconciling discrepancies.
- Deliver gas or hardgoods to customers when needed.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Valid Class A or Class B CDL
- Ability to handle cash transactions accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to routinely lift 25-50 pounds, and occasionally lift 51-80 pounds
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours. Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, when necessary
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
- Setup and promotion of welding equipment and processes
- Some experience in handling compressed gases
- Customer service or sales experience
- Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more). EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability Qualifications:
See Job Description
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.