Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Counter Sales/Inside Sales associate in our Stoughton, MA location!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. NATURE OF POSITION :
The Counter Sales/Inside Sales Position reports directly to the Branch Manager and is responsible for providing professional and courteous service to both internal & external customers over the telephone, face to face and via electronic interface. This includes problem resolution, qualification of potential new customers, forwarding leads, order entry, accurate pricing, customer file maintenance, product research with vendors, and coordination with other departments including field sales, retail and plant operations. This is a Safety Sensitive position. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Answering and responding to incoming telephone inquiries from our internal and external customers.
- Credit memorandums entry and related AR functions.
- Perform counter sales functions as needed.
- Product sourcing to include research of products with vendors, including price and availability.
- Entry and maintenance of accurate customer contract pricing.
- Systems administration within SAP including: ISO Sec 400 CATS and Order Confirmation, Restricted Products and FDA compliance.
- Research and help resolve conflicts related to the order delivery cycle.
- Process customer orders with particular emphasis on B2b, EDI and fax ahead placement options.
- Perform a variety of other customer service related duties, including but not limited to:
- Research and review of customer account balances, invoices, and leases.
- Assist field sales in developing customer relationship.
- Interaction with other departments to coordinate deliveries and customer satisfaction.
- Sales and sales support.
- Elevate customer complaints as required.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings & training as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.) PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift 30 lbs.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities.
- Talk to and hear customers/co-workers.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have professional and courteous manner with all customers and team mates; must have very strong interpersonal skills, ability to handle conflict and be a dedicated team member.
2. Good organizational and analytical skills.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management, customers and vendors.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work load.
5. Microsoft Office (Excel & Word). Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales SpecialistQualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. HS or equivalent. Associate's degree in marketing or business related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
2. Experience using an automated order entry/inventory system.
3. Experience or knowledge of the following industries and markets helpful: Industrial, Specialty, or Medical Gases; Welding Processes, Safety Personal Protection Equipment, Distribution/Transportation.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.