LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
As an Insights Analyst, you will leverage one of the richest proprietary data sets in the world to discover insights that help our sales team serve our clients and agencies. To be successful in this role you need to be highly analytical, with a strong intellectual curiosity and be comfortable responding to and structuring ambiguous requests. You will also have a passion for querying databases in SQL or a willingness to develop this and other technical skills. You must be able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and work with sales teams to figure out exactly what is impactful to clients. Your stakeholders will not always know what is possible, so it is important that you ask effective questions to get clarity in addition to managing expectations on what you can deliver.
Key responsibilities in this client-facing role include conducting custom analyses, preparing and delivering client and agency presentations, providing consultative advice to LinkedIn s top sales reps and responding to client and agency requests. You will become an expert at using SQL to extract data from LinkedIn s massive data warehouse and turning that data into compelling stories that help our clients become more successful. Responsibilities
- Leverage LinkedIn s unique data to create innovative, custom analyses and tools to address business challenges
- Write SQL/Hive/Pig/Python queries to extract necessary data, analyze the results to generate actionable insights and present the findings either in Tableau, Excel or PowerPoint
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner effectively with other teams for collaborative opportunities
- Understand LinkedIn s marketing ecosystem and bring new ideas in social media analytics and measurement to market
- Collaborate closely with the sales, business analytics, product and insights teams to provide analysis, reporting and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders
- Develop scalable and repeatable playbooks/narratives for internal and external stakeholders
- Help end-clients make better marketing decisions
- Serve as a strategic advisor to internal and external stakeholders as it pertains to data usage, insights, and measurement
- Travel is required as part of this role approximately 10-15% of the time
- Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years of experience in analytics or consulting
- 1+ years experience and high comfort level with data analysis and storytelling
- 1+ years experience turning data into actionable insights and presenting to internal and/or external stakeholders
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Experience in advertising and marketing data and analysis
- Experience of working with agencies and a familiarity with the media agency landscape
- Experience in the technology industry providing actionable insights to customers
- Experience with Teradata, Hadoop (Hive/Pig), Tableau and/or Python
- Experience with project management and working cross-functionally with data services, engineering, marketing and sales teams
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of social media and consumer Internet practices
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation, statistical and data analysis skills
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
*This position is not open for visa sponsorship
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.