More than 30,000 Takeda employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. As a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited conducts R&D both internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system, plus vaccines. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel our growth.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients' lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us! OBJECTIVES:
Leverage skills in data analytics to build insightful, creative and continuously improving deliverables to the sales and managed markets teams and other key stakeholders across the Takeda Specialty Division.
Brings a consultative approach to working with stakeholders. Work closely with a cross-functional team to analyze data and synthesize insights.
Becomes a trusted resource within the Specialty Division for sales analytics and insights and gain greater exposure as the Specialty Division grows. And is an advisor across the commercial organization for implementing effective reporting solutions to deliver clear, accurate actionable insights with a relentless focus on accuracy
Leads business reviews with the sales, managed markets and marketing leadership for Specialty portfolio to provide recommendations on effective tactics using KPIs and other lead sales performance indicators. The Insights Manager is also responsible for developing new capabilities to develop analysis and models that use best practices and industry knowledge. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications Education and Experience:
- Leads and manages the development of a holistic cross-functional specialty DSR point of view to address specified ad hoc cross-brand and/or cross-functional business questions that require the integration of output from marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science, and primarily market research. Creates value by adding own and synthesizing groups' insights into actionable reports with insights from the results, the "why" of the visual information.
- Represents any level of Sr. DSR Management Staff as appropriate on internal committees or external team (e.g. business partners) meetings and communications. Suggests content for agendas, prepares and delivers presentations to address information needs and provides DSR perspective to decisions at hand.
- Leads the performance of detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses in the area of regional market landscapes for product portfolios with annual sales force effort expenditures worth hundreds millions of dollars or more. Represents DSR in discussions with senior executives in sales force effort allocation submission to TPC. Recommends courses of action to support executive decision making in strategic business planning activities, such as introduction of CSOs, sizing changes, new marketing campaigns.
- Leads reporting projects that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of the Marketing, Managed Markets and Sales Analytics department in business analytics and data driven insights. This involves identification and implementation of data sources, cluster analysis techniques and setting recommendations.
- Works with analysts to ensure that appropriate analytical techniques are fully leveraged.
- Takes lead role in working with other TPUSA departments (e.g., IT, Data Governance, Managed Markets, Incentive Compensation, Sales Reporting) to ensure data quality, compliance and improve the quality of analytics.
- Ensures that all reporting has gone through the QC process to ensure accuracy and communication clarity prior to being presented to our customers.
- Evaluates, recommends and communicates appropriate models/techniques and industry knowledge to other team members.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of technical training to new team members (e.g. Proclarity and Spotfire.)
- Identify and proactively seek out opportunities to automate processes to reduce errors and to free up time for more creative work on existing deliverables
- Create and deploy tools and resources to continuously improve our understanding of the market and to drive business goals
- Participates in the recruiting efforts for new analysts by evaluating potential for success within DSR and sharing feedback with hiring team.
- BA or BS in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 6+ years quantitative analytical or forecasting experience; or advanced degree in an analytical field such as statistics, operations research, management science, industrial engineering, economics, math, etc. and 4+ years statistical analysis and/or quantitative experience.
- MBA with a focus on healthcare and data analysis preferred, if MBA, 2+ years work experience required
- 2+years pharmaceutical analytics/sales/managed markets experience.
- Complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources.
- Knowledge of coding techniques in SAS and VBA, (Or Python, R, or similar), comfort with automation of reporting
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or similar preferred, willingness to learn required
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for customer groups.
- Analytical - ability to analyze relevant data sources and understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Management - ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexile, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively and align with business goals.
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects.
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment. Ability to measure and deliver performance feedback as needed.
- Entrepreneurial - ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of "out of the box" thinking.
- Consultative and creative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow
- Extensive knowledge of regional landscapes across therapeutic markets.
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices.
Periodic overnight travel may be required, travel not to exceed 10%.
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. *LI-ND1-USA Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.