At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Inspection & Automation Engineer for the Automated Inspection and Measurement Systems Group located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The Automated Inspection and Measurement group is responsible for fundamental technology development, application investigations, system integration, technology deployment, and system support across many 3M divisions in the areas of automated inspection, measurement, machine vision, automation, and process data systems.
The person hired for the position of Inspection & Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing new technology as appropriate and implementing solutions within both laboratory and production environments. Particular emphasis is placed on development and integration of machine vision technology with automation systems. This includes machine design, mechanical systems design, and control systems implementation.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Automated inspection, measurement, and machine vision system technology development and implementation in production environments.
- Automation and system development as needed to realize value from the inspection and machine vision technology. This includes both mechanical and control systems.
- Working within a team setting to solve manufacturing challenges.
- Either possess or be in the last year of pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
Location: Maplewood, MN Sales Territory: NATravel: May include up to 20% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is authorized
- Master's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, physics, or other similar field.
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, and team skills
- Experience in product development, manufacturing technology, process engineering, or quality engineering positions.
- Experience with design and deployment of automation systems.
- Controls engineering experience including PLC programming.
- Mechanical design experience
- Six Sigma
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.