Inspection Coordinator II - SimplexGrinnell (Phoenix, AZ)
Tyco SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital - from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
About the role :
The qualified candidate will be integral in the continued success and growth of the district's service department. This position requires a high energy level, strong administrative skills with emphasis on organizational abilities, interpersonal communications, and customer service skills. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required. Candidate will perform a variety of customer service/dispatching and administrative duties required to receive, screen, record, prioritize, assign, and close customer requests for technical service support and life safety systems inspections. Must have a positive attitude, ability to learn quickly, and able to work under pressure. Excellent administrative skills are a must. Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required, Oracle and web based platform systems experience preferred.
Candidate will take ownership of Inspection scheduling, escalating issues to supervisors and technicians as needed. Help reassign work as needed, making judgments based on current workloads & priorities. Contact customer to communicate status changes. Professionally field customer complaints and attempt to resolve, involving supervisor when necessary. Validate and perform invoicing transactions for inspection calls in Oracle based computer systems daily. Utilize extensive administrative, business and process knowledge in a variety of areas to support one or more departments. Know and use formal and informal channels to achieve faster work results for the team. Exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems regarding the daily administrative requirements. Maintain and organize department records (both paper and electronic files).
Job Qualifications :
Who we're looking for :
• Associate's Degree, Certification, or proven equivalent professional administrative experience.
• 5 years administrative experience.
• 5 years of experience working in a corporate environment preferred.
• Experience in Fire and Security or other major industries a plus.
• Strong PC literacy, advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively with upper management.
• Ability to navigate through matrix organization and multi-task, problem-solve, and adapt to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Customer service mindset and high interpersonal savvy and approachability.
• Consistent pleasant and professional demeanor toward all levels of team members.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks with a minimum of guidance and oversight.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must be able pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.