At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Inspection Engineer for the EEBG/FMSCO/Film Plant located in Decatur, AL.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead instrument control and recipe development on inspections systems within Decatur 3M
- Implement new instruments and metrology of devices used for on-line and lab inspection.
- Determine updates and document control for sustainability of inspection operations.
- Supports AIM team in developing new inspection technology and equipment for installation in Decatur.
- Willingness to be on-call (interest question)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment (internship/co-op experience applies)
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent work record including job performance, attendance and safety
- Good written and communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Six Sigma discipline and primary tools of scientific and statistical controls.
- Experience in use of optical instruments (Cameras, Lasers, array logic devices)
- Strong computer aptitude
: Decatur, ALTravel:
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.