Job Description: A world of opportunity awaits you Inspection Manager
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. About the role:
This position is responsible for supervising SimplexGrinnell inspectors and for the execution of inspection schedules including on site deficiency quoting. Will interview applicants, recommend promotions and provide assistance in the evaluation and training of the inspection staff. Will schedule inspections or work with inspection schedulers. Manage department safety tasks such as toolbox talks, safety training and licensing. Communicate company policies to promote understanding and compliance on a daily basis. Actively participate in quickly resolving customer complaints. Understand applicable local and national codes and regulations. Ensure that effective performance measures are assigned, and that employees are motivated to achieve and exceed objectives in a professional, timely and quality manner. Participate in ride-alongs with inspectors to coach and mentor on job performance. Implement and manage the roll-out and participation of new programs software, e-services, new policies, etc. Perform additional duties as required.Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- Associated degree preferably in a business or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 8-10 years' experience in fire protection\life safety industry
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
- Leadership, team building, administrative abilities, organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems. Knowledge of Oracle a plus
- Knowledge of local and national fire code requirements.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level III Electrical and Sprinkler (Level II Suppression)
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler)
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
For Additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.