DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
• Provides technical support to identify the causes for non-conformances and process failures and to implement corrections to assure process performance and compliance against Depuy Synthes QSR, GMP and ISO requirements for the manufacturing process
• Performs non-conformance investigations including NCR origination, bounding, product control, failure investigation, correction, and documentation within the non-conformance system
• Leads small kaizens with cross functional teams to assure causes of non-conformance are identified and understood and that sound corrective/preventative actions are implemented
• Utilizes failure analysis tools (i.e. 5M analysis) to conduct robust investigations; analyzes data and recommends actions for process, equipment, and system improvement
• Provides recommendations for the enhancement of processes and systems; utilizes document change control system to update procedures and write protocols
• Implements corrections and process improvements
• Supports LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives
• Provides training and education to the manufacturing teams as needed
• Maintains strong partnership with manufacturing, engineering, QA, and maintenance teams
• Supports internal and external audits and inspections
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Two-year technical degree in Science, Math, Applied Manufacturing Technology or a similar field or equivalent formal training or equivalent related manufacturing experience preferred
• 4+ years of related experience required
• Experience in the QSR/ISO regulated medical device operation preferred
• Strong computer skills required; Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required; Minitab experience preferred
• Proficiency with preparing technical reports and presentations required
• Basic statistical and analytical problem solving skills required; experience with problem solving tools such as DMAIC, Fishbone Analysis, 5 Whys preferred
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required including good networking and influencing skills required
• Must be willing and able to travel up to approximately 10%
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.