At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking an Inspection Technician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As an Inspection Technician you will be responsible for inspecting installations and meeting with inspectors ensuring installations are to code. In this role, you will report directly to the Lead Inspection Technician within the Installation group.
- Attend daily correlation meetings
- Reply promptly to emails and send when necessary
- Set up and tie off ladders for the city/county inspectors
- Rivet placards
- Open electrical panels & junction boxes so the inspector can observe inside
- Perform pre-inspection prior to inspector showing up (cancel inspections, if necessary to avoid re-inspection fees if you know we're possibly going to fail)
- Calling inspectors in the mornings to confirm meeting times (Including which inspection is 1st., 2nd., 3rd., etc... so you know where to go in the order given to you by the inspector)
- During down time: have your van stocked with material to pre-fab (disconnects, combiner panels, roof switches)
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Comfortable being and working on roofs
- Work well with others that are on your work team
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- Must possess current driver's license and clean driving record
- Individual should not have a fear of heights
- Microsoft operating system proficiency (recommended)
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.