What you will do
The qualified candidate will be integral in the continued success and growth of the district's service department possess high energy level, strong administrative skills with emphasis on organizational abilities, interpersonal communications, and customer service skills. Candidate will perform a variety of customer service/dispatching and administrative duties required to receive, screen, record, prioritize, assign, and close customer requests for technical service support and life safety systems inspections.
How you will do it
• Contact customer to communicate status changes.
• Professionally field customer complaints and attempt to resolve, involving supervisor when necessary.
• Know and use formal and informal channels to achieve faster work results for the team.
• Exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems regarding the daily administrative requirements.
• Maintain and organize department records (both paper and electronic files).
• Schedule and optimization of sprinkler and fire alarm inspections
• Input correct estimated hours to complete inspections during the scheduling process
• Assign tasks in ACE/Oracle system for all scheduling
• Prioritize Past Dues, BNI and BAMA inspections
• Maintain 2 weeks minimum rolling schedule
• Pull inspection reports as requested
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize scheduling backorders in addition to resolving customer issues
• Reassign work as needed to manage customers' expectations making judgments based on current workloads and priorities
What we look for
High School diploma or equivalent certification required.
Must be able pass a pre-employment background and drug-screening
2 years administrative experience, scheduling experience preferred.
2 years of experience working in a corporate environment preferred.
Experience in Fire and Security or other major industries a plus.
Strong PC literacy, advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively with upper management.
Ability to navigate through matrix organization and multi-task, problem-solve, and adapt to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Customer service mindset and high interpersonal savvy.
Consistent pleasant and professional demeanor toward all levels of team members.
Ability to complete assigned tasks with a minimum of guidance and oversight.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Must have attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required.
Must have a positive attitude, ability to learn quickly, and able to work under pressure.
Excellent administrative skills are a must.
Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required, Oracle and web based platform systems experience preferred.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.