DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- The inspection of in-house and vendor purchased products, raw material and services.
- Inspection of packaging and labeling materials used for medical devices.
- Performs DHR review and “Release to Branch Plant” function including document verification and recording incoming inspection inventory.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects incoming, in process and finished products and material for visual, mechanical, and dimensional characteristics, using inspection sheets and applicable sampling plans.
- Prepares necessary documentation and insures paperwork compliance on all inspected items.
- Assist in the training of co-workers in new or improved techniques in areas of experience.
- Assists in identification and segregation of non-conforming materials/products.
- Works from inspection documentation, specifications, blue prints, written and verbal instruction.
- Performs “Roving Auditor” function involving inspection of product in a Manufacturing Flow Cell.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
DHR Review Function:
- Performs Device History Review Inspection and final release of product to inventory control/warehouse.
- Performs filing and supports the imaging and verification process for Device History Records and other Quality System documentation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) courses desirable.
- One year experience utilizing inspection techniques in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry, preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft PC applications, preferred.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret measuring instruments, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, plug gauges, hardness testers, etc.
- Good math skills, color verification and good hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to communicate and work with various functional groups in a team environment.
- Ability to learn PC applications required.
- Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis.
- Must be able to stand for scheduled work hours, if necessary.
- High level of concentration and attention to detail required ensuring products are properly labeled and packaged according to internal quality requirements.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.