DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction is the Joint Reconstruction business offering orthopaedic devices, solutions and supplies for hip, knee and extremity reconstruction, in addition to cement and operating room products.
The Inspector – Quality Assurance will be responsible the inspection of in-house and vendor purchased products, raw material and services. Inspection of packaging and labeling materials used for medical devices.
- Performs DHR review and “Release to Branch Plant” function including document verification and recording incoming inspection inventory.
- Inspects incoming, in process and finished products and material for visual, mechanical, and dimensional characteristics, using inspection sheets and applicable sampling plans.
- Prepares necessary documentation and insures paperwork compliance on all inspected items.
- Assist in the training of co-workers in new or improved techniques in areas of experience.
- Assists in identification and segregation of non-conforming materials / products.
- Works from inspection documentation, specifications, blue prints, written and verbal instruction.
- Performs “Roving Auditor” function involving inspection of product in a Manufacturing Flow Cell. Performs other related duties, as required.
- Performs Device History Review Inspection and final release of product to inventory control / warehouse.
- Performs filing and supports the imaging and verification process for Device History.
- Records and other Quality System documentation.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- A minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience utilizing inspection techniques is required.
- Experience within Medical Device or the Pharmaceutical Industry is preferred.
- Microsoft PC applications is preferred, the ability to learn PC applications is required.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems is preferred.
- The ability to read and interpret measuring instruments, including but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, optical comparators, plug gauges and hardness testers is required.
- Good math skills, color verification and good hand/eye coordination is required.
- The ability to communicate and work with various functional groups in a team environment is required.
- The ability to lift weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis is required.
- The ability to stand for scheduled work hours is required.
- High level of concentration and attention to detail to ensure products are properly labeled and packaged according to internal quality requirements is required.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) courses preferred.
United States-New York-HorseheadsOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function