Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
STATEMENT OF JOB
The Hydrotester reports to the ATSM Production Supervisor. Hydrostatically tests tanks to locate leaks in welds and fittings, under pressure, include non-code vessels.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY OBLIGATIONS
Comply with the following Environmental, Health and Safety duties as a condition of employment:
• Comply with safety rules
• Attend and Participate in Safety Training
• Participate actively in the safety process
• Ask questions if something isn't known
• Report all accidents and injuries immediately
• Submit suggestions to improve safety
• Know responsibilities in the event of an emergency (i.e. what to do in the event of an alarm for fire, chemical spills, tornados, etc.)
• Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
• Must have Lock-out tags after 6 months?
• Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
• Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
• Spill management and clean-up.
• Air shutoff locations.
• Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
• Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be 18 years of age and have a HS Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions (including simple blueprint reading). Must use simple math to include fractions. Requires eye hand coordination in testing and removing large tanks with the aid of a hoist.
1. Hydrostatically tests tanks by plugging openings and filling each tank with water and pressure. Bolts down test cover to tank flange. Pressure tests tanks up to 1000 psi, however, most tanks are tested at about 250 ps.
2. Visually checks each tank for leaks and identifies leaks by marking the shell.
3. Also visually inspects tank's fitting and brackets for proper welds. Hand stamps all tested tanks with assigned letter. Records required tank information on hydro data sheet.
4. Chips slag and welding from around fittings and brackets when tank is being filled with water. Notifies Supervisor when plastic plugs, o-rings and other material reach re-order points. Grind down girth weld.
5. Tack weld ASME data plate after completing hydro test.
6. Uses handcarts to take tanks to the work center following testing.
7. Checks the equipment to assure the proper working order on a daily basis.
8. Stamps ASME labels prior to hydro tests.
9. Performs housekeeping and other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Vacations approved in your current department do not carry over to your new department.
Interested employees may apply for this position by going to www.mytycohr.com.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.