What you will do
The Inspector II will perform routine inspection, testing and preventative maintenance of Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression product line, as well as, similar competitive product line inspections. The Inspector works with minimal supervision and provides technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees. Inspectors are frequently expected to propose the most appropriate solution, exercise judgment in line with an established process, and to have a good understanding of customer priorities while considering customer satisfaction a permanent objective.How you will do it
As an Inspector II you will professionally represent the company at all times while performing inspections in accordance with mandated codes and standards. You will complete Inspection Documentation with proper coding through communicating devices, such as laptop computers, Smartphone, hard copy, and/or other devices. You learn to effectively and professionally interact with customer by using excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy. This role will utilize ACE dispatch system. In this position you will become proficient to make minor repairs and programming changes while under direct, authorized supervision. You will follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule as well as complete assigned inspections on time. What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 minimum experience
- Computer Skills: Demonstrate knowledge of Windows Office
- Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must adhere to and follow safety guidelines and policies at all times
- The inspector will work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- NICET Level II: Obtain within 12 months in position
- Local/State licenses
- Successful completion of Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler)
- Valid driver's license required
- Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.