Eaton Power Systems has 3 Shift (11pm- 7am) Inspector Tester C openings in Waukesha, WI (Badger Dr).
Perform assembly inspection of transformers/regulators at various locations in the assembly plants per established procedures. Perform electrical testing on assembled single and three phase transformers/regulators per established procedures. Monitor conformance to quality standards.
1. Perform routine factory dielectric tests per established procedures, including OX (induced), QC impulse, and hipot (applied potential).
2. Perform routine factory loss tests per established procedures, including load loss (winding loss) & no-load loss (core loss).
3. Perform power factor, ratio, and resistance tests per established procedures.
4. Perform operational test on regulators as required.
5. Perform continuity test on unit per established procedures.
6. Following routine tests, inspect unit nameplate, stamp impedance value on nameplate, and secure nameplate to tested unit.
7. Perform visual inspection on interior of unit upon completion of testing.
8. Perform minor maintenance of test equipment.
9. Perform special routine tests when required.
10. Perform all responsibilities of the Inspector, including, but not limited to:
11. Performing visual inspection of units throughout the assembly process per established procedures.
12. Performing the following tests as required per established procedures: ratio, resistance, leak, continuity, control box, insulation resistance, regulator sub-assembly, regulator modification, regulator run-in.
13.Applying decals and stencils to exterior of unit and perform paint mileage check as required.
14. Assisting Engineering and Manufacturing in identifying and resolving shop floor problems.
15. Completing various company forms to communicate inspection status and other information and to document inspection results per established procedures.
16. Collecting various types of data per established procedures as requiredBasic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Must have a High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must have completed AC/DC fundamentals course
• Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• Position not eligible for relocation. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered.
•Previous Electrical Testing Experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.