Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Installation Administrator - SimplexGrinnell (San Diego, CA)
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have a solid team of talented employees to make sure our solutions are always at their best. Key Responsibilities:
- Assists Area Business Support Manager in developing, implementing and executing the business support standardized processes that align with company policies and government compliance.
- Generate weekly/monthly activity compliance reports and distribute to teams/managers/district offices
- Identify areas of improvement or non-compliance with processes
- Perform business support activities, including; payroll, specialized payroll reporting, accounts payable, fleet, and EH&S support
- Perform day-to-day office support tasks, including; file management, answering the phone, ordering supplies/uniforms, processing incoming/outgoing mail, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed
- Create purchase order requisitions
- Validate part numbers
- Enter orders into system
- Support field technicians with parts inquiries
- Code invoices in accounts payable system and send for payment
Rewards and benefits:
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2 yr. business degree preferred.
- 2 years' experience in a customer service environment
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint are a must.
- Need a strong desire to challenge processes and find best solutions.
- Must be a great and positive motivator.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to prioritize work volumes with limited supervision.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.