As a Service Technician you will serve as a service expert on all residential and large scale burglar alarms, large addressable fire alarm systems, and network-based CCTV and card access systems. This position has a heavy focus on providing world-class customer service, and will keep customers full informed of the status of their systems and alleviate any concerns that they may have regarding their systems' functionality. You will also keep our customer care center advised on the status of customer systems and process inspections.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Locating and alleviating trouble with damaged equipment or wiring
* Demonstrating systems for customers and providing a thorough explanation of the Extended Repair Agreement, system capabilities, and system operation
* Readjusting equipment, repairing, or replacing inoperative equipment and testing for operation in accordance with established standards and procedures
* Reading blueprints and building electrical and sprinkler plans in order to complete equipment repairs
* Testing backup batteries, keypad programming, and all features in order to ensure proper functioning and to diagnose malfunctions
* Preparing trouble order forms to report temporary repairs
* Coordinating inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies
* Keeping informed of new products and developments
* Accurately completing all necessary paperwork, including work orders, service orders, time logs and emergency information schedules
* Maintaining inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure adequate stock labels
* Performing other duties as assigned
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.