Installer III Employees responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations. 4S Entry Applies knowledge of a wide range of specialized administrative/technical skills. Applies experience and simple judgment to make decisions within defined options or standard protocols - follows through on issues. Preferred Education: Vocational and/or diploma Minimum Experience: 01 years.
Who we're looking for: Two year Associate Degree in a technical field, such as electronics or electricity, or equivalent. Must be able to solely and safely lift and move materials weighing up to 75 pounds. An attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential. Five years of maintenance experience and an electrical license. Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills Must have working knowledge of at least 2 major brands of fire control panels, factory training a plus. Experience may be obtained by progressing through internal service or ops positions or with companies where similar experience is acquired. Must be computer literate with Windows knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multimeters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred. A valid driver's license with good driving record; and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes, and the ability to pass drug screen and employment background check required. Ability to communicate with various company personnel and coworkers in regards to work orders. Must pass prescreening processes (background, drug, reference screening)
• 1 year of documented experience in either/or high/low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
• Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
• Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
• Overnight travel may be required.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions.
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
• Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
• Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
• Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
• Achieve NICET Level I certification within 12 months.
• Completion of SimplexGrinnell Basic Fire Alarm training within 12 months.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.