Sprinkler Helper (Installer) What you will do
Installation of fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application. Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements. Must perform all duties in a safe and professional manner. How you will do it
- Assist Sprinkler foreman with installation of fire sprinkler systems, including start up through final testing.
- Read and understand simple construction blueprints and diagrams.
- Follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Perform work from unusual and sometimes difficult positions.
- Must be able to work from ladders and lifts up to 40 feet or more.
- Maintain a clear and safe work area.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment, including harnesses, hard hats and protective toe shoes.
- Must be able to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer's requirements.
- Candidate may be offered an opportunity to go through an apprenticeship program in order to enhance his abilities and advancement. What we look for
- At least 18 years of age.
- Have a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must be physically fit to perform the work of the trade
Who we are
- Have previous work-related mechanical experience
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.