What you will do:
Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and configures access control, security alarms, and closed circuit television systems. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Perform installation on integrated security systems.
- Responds to customer service calls in a timely and efficient manner, troubleshoots and repairs as
- Will be required to participate in after hour's service program.
- Communicates with central dispatch on current work order status and receives updates on outstanding customer issues.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics, and operational/product manuals.
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer and contract specification.
- Completes necessary certification courses on internal and external products used.
Who we are
- Two-year Associates Degree in Electronics; Network; Computer Science or related field.
- 1-3 years' related experience in CCTV, Access Control, & Security Systems (Fire Alarm a plus).
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 50lbs. May be required to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet. Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Working knowledge of electronic and digital test equipment.
- Basic understanding of Network concepts and architectures.
- Extended knowledge of DOS and Windows.
- A+ Certification and Microsoft certification preferred.
- A valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a short period of time.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com