Installer III What you will do
- Lead crews in the installation of electronic fire alarm, nurse call, paging and security systems including start up through final testing.
- Follow verbal and written instruction, read and understand complex construction blueprints, diagrams and specifications used in installation activities.
- Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet or more.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment as required, including but not limited to hard hats and work boots.
- May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Daily submission of required paperwork.
*You will need to be based in, or close to, Tyler, TX. What we look for Required:
- Three years of experience installing fire alarm and security systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Follow verbal and written instructions, read and understand complex construction blueprints, diagrams and specifications used in installation activities.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must live in, or close to, Tyler, TX.
Who we are
- Fire Alarm License is a plus.
- State Security License is a plus.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.