Installer Job Description What you will do:
- Proficient at maintaining, repairing, installing, and programming conventional and addressable fire alarm, security, nurse call, intercom, CCTV Systems and other related building systems products.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Perform inspections and installation activities on electronic fire systems.
- Overtime may be required during busy project schedules.
Nice to have:
- Minimum of High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years' experience working as a fire alarm & security technician/ installer, installing, servicing, fire alarm systems and security systems for a large, premier service entity preferred.
- Knowledge of major fire alarm and security equipment brands a plus, (such as EST, Notifier, Gamewell/FCl, Firelite, Radionic/ Bosch, Ademco, NAPCO, DSC, Silent Knight, Honeywell Access, Lenel, Software House, Kantech, American Dynamics). Simplex Fire systems a plus
- Familiarity with applicable codes (i.e. NFPA 72. NFPA 70)
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and database (software) programs
- Have a working knowledge of test equipment including multi-meters, digital analyzers, frequency meters decibel meters, and communicating devices
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Familiarity with applicable codes.
- State and/or local licensing a big plus.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule.
- Overtime may be required for this position with short notice.
Available for travel, which may include nights and weekends.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record, will conduct background and drug test.
- NICET Certification(s)
- FASA-BAFA Card
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.