What you will do -
• Install and service fire alarm systems, intrusion, CCTV, and building access control and sound intercom systems
• Determine procedural changes, tools, materials and equipment.
• Run conduit, pull wire and install circuits for electrical low voltage systems.
• The job entails wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems.
• Plan, layout, and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in facilities.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisor.
• Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts
• Diagnose and repair and/or replace damaged or broken wires, cables and faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, and control panels. Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems of industrial machinery and facilities in accordance with electrical code specifications, blueprints, manuals, and electrical schematics and diagrams.
• Maintain and update schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes.
• Be proficient at servicing, maintaining and programming fire alarm systems, security systems, nurse call, intercom and CCTV systems
What we look for:
• Two year Associate Degree in a technical field, such as electronics or electricity, or equivalent
• Must be able to solely and safely lift and move materials weighing up to 75 pounds.
• An attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential.
• Five years of maintenance experience and an electrical license.
• Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills
• Must have working knowledge of at least 2 major brands of fire control panels, factory training a plus. Experience may be obtained by progressing through internal service or ops positions or with companies where similar experience is acquired.
• Must be computer literate with Windows.
• Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices preferred.
• A valid driver's license with good driving record; and the ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes, and the ability to pass drug screen and employment background check required.
• Ability to communicate with various company personnel and co-workers in regards to work orders.
• Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening)
• Computer knowledge with networking and programming helpful.
• Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required.
• You must be able to lift equipment and tools up to 75 lbs. and be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
• Work overtime as required.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.