What you will do
In this position you will service, program, and troubleshoot a wide variety of electronic life safety systems including: fire alarm, nurse call, access control, CCTV, etc. You will work closely with the Fire Alarm Service Supervisor and the Service A&D dispatcher/coordinator for the electronic business. You will be responsible for servicing the calls assigned to you, requesting repair parts, and the correct paperwork necessary for the completion of your duties. How you will do it
What we look for Required
- Service a variety of Life Safety electronic equipment from various manufacturers.
- Be timely in your attendance at work and for on-call/after-hours duties.
- Perform a wide variety of duties including attending training classes when available.
- Backup other technicians for overflow calls
- Complete the necessary actions to arrive, depart, and debrief your service calls in real time.
- Work safely at elevated levels using the appropriate PPE
- Be able to lift 40lbs.
- Assist customers with any and all questions and/or concerns while on the job.
Who we are
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Valid and acceptable NC state driver's license
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work safely and independently with minimal direction
- Excellent phone skills and strong interaction skills with customers
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in the following systems: Fire Alarm, Access Control, Security, CCTV (preferably Simplex, Radionics, Ademco, Notifier, Silent Knight, EST)
- 2 years field experience
- NICET Certification Preferred and ability to obtain a NC ASLB certification
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .