About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional associate to join its Institutional Distribution team based in New York. The candidate will work closely with senior members of the team and report directly into to the Global Head of Institutional Distribution. Responsibilities include the assistance assisting in the completion of RFPs (Requests for Proposal) for Guggenheim's investment strategies, documents, development, customization and maintenance of marketing materials and client tracking tools, responding to investor institutional client inquires, maintaining industry databases and streamlining and centralizing processes and, procedures and communication flowrelated to managing existing client relationships and new business development.
Additionally, the candidate will help the senior members of the team with follow up requests from clients and will often serve as a liaison between team members and various internal departments. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational and analytical capabilities required to support our institutional client service and /business management development efforts. The position is located in New York. Specific Responsibilities Include
Skills & Experience Required
- Manage client requests, effectively coordinating with Rour relationship Mmanagersment team
- Work closely with Compliance on client-specific requirements to meet deadlines consistently and accurately
- Assist in all aspects of supporting and servicing Guggenheim's Institutional clients, including responding to ad hoc requests and arranging periodic portfolio manager calls and meetings
- Prepare and review client reports and other monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables
- Assist in creating PowerPoint presentations for clients or internaland external prospecting purposes
- Utilize Excel functions and formulas to maintain client databases, sales & activity reporting and fee analysis
- Respond to daily investor client requests, investigate and problem solve on topics which can range from reporting, performance, investment fund guidelines, strategy, transactions, etc
- Evaluate and improve current work flow, processes, and policies and implement additional procedures to enhance investor communications and transactions
- Build strong partnerships with the members of the Institutional Distribution team and internal colleagues across all departments of the firm
About Guggenheim Investments
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting or operations
- 2-4 years of related experience within the financial services asset management industry
- Experience within Distribution is not required, but genuine interest and a willingness to learn are essential
- Technical foundation and ability to grasp various investment strategies and products
- Strong formatting, editing and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High level of motivation with a strong desire to learn and take on more responsibility over time, solid work ethic with a team-player personality
- Proven ability to work with client-facing teams and directly with investors
- Must be highly articulate with excellent interface skills and top notch writing skills
- Able to prioritize appropriately and operate successfully in a regulatory and deadline-driven environment while maintaining a strict attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and research skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative; critical thinking and commitment to constant improvement of processes and procedures
- Mature and able to work independently and with a high degree of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative approach and commitment to working closely as a team to ensure superior results
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Keen client service mentality; ability to evaluate issues and propose and implement solutions with consideration for all downstream implications
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.