Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*. For more information about TIAA, visit our website
The Financial Consultant position is a professional level position with multi-pronged career path options after at least 18 months in role.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide a broad range of financial consulting/planning services to our individual customers/participants at existing mega, large, and mid-market institutions, ensuring asset retention and growth.
- Accountable for making TIAA the primary relationship (first call) for customers in need of distinctive advice, products and services related to achieving their long-term financial goals.
- Sale and delivery of all products and services including retail mutual funds, annuities, IRAs, 529 and 403b plans, life insurance and others.
- Counsel participants on their pension plans, tax deferred annuities and available investment options, recommend and facilitate new purchases and provide authoritative information upon which important personal financial planning decisions are based.
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate workshops/benefit fairs.
- Strong emphasis on services, sales, customers, and retention objectives.
- Professional designation strongly desired: CFP, CLU, ChFC, etc.
- Expert knowledge of financial planning concepts including a broad knowledge of TIAA products
- Team-oriented with an ability to work independently as well as within a larger team
- Must be highly organized and capable of proficiently handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to clearly, concisely explain concepts either orally or in writing
- Agility in determining and managing priorities
- Key traits: integrity, understanding, team player, results-driven, personal excellence, embodies an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
LOCATION: Omaha, NE (in market/area candidates desired)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law
. If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help
. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. *©2015 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America-College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921