Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them. By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals.
We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*. For more information about TIAA, visit our website
The Institutional Retirement - Financial Consultant is accountable for asset growth, asset retention, and provides counseling for all participants, new entrants, prospects, beneficiaries and their legal and financial representatives on the complete spectrum of TIAA products and services. This position is a professional level position with multi-pronged career path options after at least 18 months in role. The Financial Consultant will work a variety of schedules including evenings, early mornings and weekends. They will work additional hours during peak periods and may travel regularly, including overnight travel.
- Provide a broad range of financial consulting/planning services to our individual customers/participants at existing mega and large institutions and/or our k-12 new markets, ensuring asset retention and growth.
- Accountable for making TIAA the primary relationship (first call) for customers in need of distinctive advice, products and services related to achieving their long-term financial goals.
- Sale and delivery of all products and services including retail mutual funds, annuities, IRAs, 529, 403b bank products, life insurance and others.
- Counsel participants on their pension plans, tax deferred annuities and available investment options, educate, recommend and facilitate new purchases and provide authoritative information upon which important personal financial planning decisions are based.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with Institutional Plan Sponsors.
- Conducts Financial Education Seminars to include participates in benefits fairs and leads plan enrollment seminars in order to increase participation in TIAA products and services.
- Interacts with participants and their representatives in-person (in the office and at the institution), by telephone and by e-mail/written correspondence.
- Must comply with all regulatory requirements and remain in good standing with regulatory agencies.
- Strong emphasis on services, sales, customer satisfaction and retention objectives.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-6 years of client service or financial sales experience required
- Travel required. Valid U.S. Driver's License required
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required at time application
- State insurance licensing required
- Professional designation strongly desired: CLU, ChFC, etc.
- Expert knowledge of financial planning concepts; including a broad knowledge of TIAA products
- Must be highly organized and capable of proficiently handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and sales skills, including experience presenting to large audiences
- Agility in determining and managing priorities
- Key traits: integrity, understanding, team player, results-driven, personal excellence, embodies an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law
. If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help
. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.* ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921